Coast Rifle and Pistol Club was founded in 1968, as a private membership organization operated by volunteer elected officers and directors and in accordance with our published by-laws. All officers and directors are elected at the annual membership meeting in May of each year. Amendments to the By-Laws must be ratified by a vote of the membership at that meeting.
Membership of life members, regular members, associate members and pro-rated temporary military members is now over 1,000 and is steadily growing.
We currently lease the 50 acre 16th Section site from the Harrison County School Board until 2045 (with a 20 year option) on Highway 67 in Woolmarket, Mississippi, directly across from the new Mississippi Department of Public Safety Building, including the driver’s license office and Highway Patrol Troop K.
Membership access is with a proximity badge at our electronic gate. All main roads on the property are paved for access to:
- A modest, air conditioned Clubhouse with some food preparation facilities accessible to members, with a new clubhouse planned in 2013.
- 2 Trap Fields - built to ATA specifications with Canterbury Voice Call Systems and PAT trap machines. Standard push button wires are also available and there is a large pavilion.
- 3 Skeet Fields - built to NSSA specifications and with a large pavilion.
- 1 Portable Skeet Building for a 4th Field.
- 3 Rifle Ranges - from 25 yards to 300 yards and with covered firing lines and concrete benches for stability.
- 3 Pistol Ranges - from 10 yards to 40 yards. Ranges 4 & 5 have covered shooting areas, but Range 6 is unimproved.
- 1 Shotgun alley for seeing a shot pattern.
- A new range dedicated to IR 50/50 (benchrest rimfire) competition and practice is planned in 2013.
- 4 Restrooms
- An Archery Area for targets up to 50 yards.
Geolocation is 30.528337, -88.990564